I skipped sending the last newsletter because I spent my time reading things more important than web development. I hope you're all safe and sound!
This newsletter includes my favorite content in May and June. Enjoy!
Are we doing it all wrong?Section titled Are we doing it all wrong?
More CSS magic, please!Section titled More CSS magic, please!
Three excellent articles to readSection titled Three excellent articles to read
- The beauty of progressive enhancement by Manuel Matuzović
- What is Developer Experience (DX)? by Chris Coyier
- Make your PWA feel more like an app by Thomas Steiner
Three useful projects to have a look atSection titled Three useful projects to have a look at
- kossnocorp / etiquette – a GitHub etiquette
- maxboeck / whimsical – a curated list of websites with an extra bit of fun.
This month I learnedSection titled This month I learned
- Copy screenshots directly to the clipboard (MacOS)
- Safe and unsafe alignment in CSS flexbox
- Prevent npm install for not supported Node.js versions
- Custom properties affect how invalid CSS declarations are handled
You can find 120 learnings in my "Today I learned" section.
This month's devsheetsSection titled This month's devsheets
- The CSS
- Overflow alignment in CSS
- The useful
- The surprising specificity of
- Logical assignments (
- Invalid CSS custom property values
readonlyform element attributes
You can find more #devsheets on Twitter.
A talk to watchSection titled A talk to watch
Another Rachel Andrew talk; I keep repeating myself, but the content Rachel creates is unbelievable valuable – Making Things Better: Redefining the Technical Possibilities of CSS is no exception!
A quote to think aboutSection titled A quote to think about
On the topic of the tech giants Facebook, Google and Twitter: Sacha Baron Cohen (yes, that's the Borat comedian) gave a great talk criticizing social media. It included the following quote:
Freedom of speech is not freedom of reach.
A song that makes you stop codingSection titled A song that makes you stop coding
Summer is approaching, and even though we won't dance barefoot at open airs this year, Kollektiv Turmstraße's Freiflug is a nicely rolling electro song that entered my playlist several times last month.
And that's my favorite content of May and June 2020, friends! 🎉 👋
Have a great July, and stay safe!
And if you have any feedback about this newsletter, please let me know.
Reply to Stefan